Career Development Workshops for both MBA and MS (all workshops are one hour)
Case Prep Session with Management Consulted (Dec 3, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. ) - This facilitated case practice is for MBA students interested in becoming better consultants. You will practice with curated unique cases (containing interviewer guidance). You will give one and receive one case with a peer. You will get quality practice with a quality case. You will learn how to give strong feedback. Register through DOME.
Interviewing Workshop (Jan 5, 2021 at Noon to 1 p.m. ) – Your interview’s success depends on the quality of your preparation. In this Zoom Workshop we will cover six steps that you must take to ensure you have the best chance of being successful during any interview. Register through DOME.
Networking Workshop (Jan 12, 2021 at Noon) - Networking is key to career success and it should be a lifelong activity. In this Zoom workshop we will cover Why Networking, Where to Start, How to Build Your Network, Effective Networking, Engaging Your Network, Organizing Your Network, Networking Conversations and Networking to Make Good Career Choices. Register through DOME.
Tech Product Management (Jan 14, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. ) – This is training for students who are interested in a career in Product Management. It is conducted by Lewis Lin who is one of the best-selling authors of the product management interview books. This workshop will focus on how to answer difficult PM and PMM interview questions such as product design, analytical, strategy, marketing. The instructor uses a mix of 50% lecture and 50% interactive group exercises. The interactive exercises help students apply and master concepts from the class.
Topics covered will include:
- Analytical such as estimations and lifetime value
- Product design featuring the CIRCLES™ method
- Marketing including the marketing plan
- Metrics including issue trees
- Technical relating to system design, algorithm, and SQL questions
Register through DOME.
LinkedIn Workshop (Jan 26, 2021 at Noon) – LinkedIn is the largest professional networking tool online and is the single most important social networking tool for your career. For individuals in career transition, understanding how to use LinkedIn effectively is crucial. In this Zoom workshop you will learn effective ways to advance your career outcome by actively using LinkedIn as a tool for your job search. Our focus will be on topics other than your LinkedIn Profile. Register through DOME.
Wall Street Prep Self-Paced Course - (15 seats available – priority to MBA Finance Concentrations) See Martin Johnson at email@example.com
- Leveraged Buyout Modeling - Students learn how to build a real, complex LBO model from scratch. We begin with basic LBO concepts, typical deal structures, and current industry dynamics before moving on to step-by-step modeling. Trainees learn the most common and challenging issues that emerge when modeling buyouts. We conclude with a sensitivity and scenario analysis, as well as how to build output tables that are key to any LBO analysis.
- Mergers & Acquisitions (Accretion/Dilution) Modeling – Participants will build a merger model in Excel to reflect the pro forma impact of various acquisition scenarios. Key topics covered include a quick test of accretion/dilution in all-stock deals, pricing structures (exchange ratios/collars/ “walk-away” rights), purchase accounting, and the step-by-step allocation of purchase price.